Kanata Real Estate Market Update
Follow the Housing Trends for Kanata, Ontario, current and historical Statistics
Main Housing Stats for Kanata, Jan-April 30th 2017
The average price for a residential house in Kanata is now $399,702, up 4.6%
The average price for a Kanata condominium is now $214,445 down by 0.1%
- There have been a total of 412 Residential houses sold in Kanata in 2017 so far, up by 13.8%
- There have been a total of 55 condominium sales, up by 5.7%
How much does a Townhome cost in Kanata, versus a single family home or a Condominium?
Average price, number of sales as well as the % change by House Type over the previous year
|Type of home||# Sales in 2017
||Avg. Price||% Change
|Townhome & Semi Detached||222||$331,858||1.1%|
|Detached Single Family||190||$478,973||6.2%|
|Condo Apartment & Stacked||20||$212,545||-0.4%|
How long for homes to sell, and how much are sellers' actually getting as a % of their list price in 2017?
- Sellers' of Townhomes and Semis got 98.52% of their asking price
- Detached homes achieved 98.55% of their asking price
- Residential Townhomes took 37 days to sell, and detached homes took 52 days
- Condominium Townhomes and Semi-detached sales got 97.66% of list price
- Apartments and Stacked condos went for 97.27% of their listed price
- Condo Towns took 71 days to sell, while it took 90 days to sell an Apartment or Stacked
Most expensive and least expensive area sales in Kanata for the month of April 2017
In case you're interested, we will report on the highest as well as the lowest selling house throughout the year and will do the same with condos too. Numbers reported are Year-To-Date
- The lowest priced residential sale was in Glen Cairn & Hazeldean, sold for $220,000
- The highest priced residential sale was in Kanata North, it sold for $865,500
- The lowest condo sale happened in Katimavik, selling for $162,000
- The highest priced condo sale was in Kanata Lakes-Heritage Hills and it sold for $332,000
Kanata Historical Statistics from 2000 - Current Year
Below are the number of sales, average price, % Increase or decrease in price, as well as the Time to Sell for Kanata homes and condos combined.
|Year||# Sales||Avg. Price||% Change||Days to Sell|
In the table above you can see that since 2000, Kanata has not seen any decreases in home values, year-over-year. Go check out the current inventory of residential homes for sale in Kanata.