Kanata Real Estate Market Update
Main Housing Stats for Kanata, Jan-July 31st 2017
From Jan-July 2017 members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board sold a total of 1005 Residential Properties in Kanata. There were 864 freehold houses sold, up by 5.4% over last year. There have been 141 condo sales, up by 28.1% over 2016.
- The average price for a residential house in Kanata is now $409,591, up by 2%
- The average price for a Kanata condominium is now $221,839 down by 0.7%
How much does a Townhome cost in Kanata, versus a single family home or a Condominium?
Average price, number of sales as well as the % change by House Type over the previous year
|Type of home||# Sales in 2017
||Avg. Price||% Change
|Townhome & Semi Detached||455||$342,454||4.7%|
|Detached Single Family||409||$484,278||-0.5%|
|Condo Apartment & Stacked||60||$229,038||-3.2%|
How long does it take for homes to sell in Kanata, and how much are sellers' actually getting?
- Sellers' of Townhomes and Semis got 98.94% of their asking price
- Detached homes achieved 99.17% of their asking price
- Residential Townhomes took 32 days to sell, and detached homes took 43 days
- Condominium Townhomes and Semi-detached sales got 97.73% of list price
- Apartments and Stacked condos went for 97.06% of their listed price
- Condo Towns took 66 days to sell, while it took 125 days to sell an Apartment or Stacked
Where was the most expensive & least expensive Home sales in Kanata for the previous month?
In case you're interested, we will report on the highest as well as the lowest selling house throughout the year and will do the same with condos too. Numbers reported are Year-To-Date
- The lowest priced residential sale was in Glen Cairn, sold for $265,000 in 9 days
- The highest priced residential sale was in Vance Farm, sold for $899,900 in 9 days
- The lowest condo sale happened in Beaverbrook, it sold for $130,000 in 69 days
- The highest priced condo sale was in Kanata Lakes/Heritage Hills, sold for $315,000 in 28 days
Kanata Historical Statistics from 2000 - Current Year
Below are the number of sales, average price, % Increase or decrease in price, as well as the Time to Sell for Kanata homes and condos combined.
|Year||# Sales||Avg. Price||% Change||Days to Sell|
In the table above you can see that since 2000, Kanata has not seen any decreases in home values, year-over-year. Go check out the current inventory of residential homes for sale in Kanata.