Kanata Real Estate Market Update
Main Housing Stats for Kanata, Jan-Sept. 30th 2017: members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board sold a total of 1260 Residential Properties in Kanata. There were 1079 freehold houses sold, up by 3.5% over last year. There have been 181 condo sales, up by 29.2% over 2016.
- The average price for a residential house in Kanata is now $412,922, up by 2.2%
- The average price for a Kanata condominium is now $220,450 down by 0.6%
How much does a Townhome cost in Kanata, versus a single family home or a Condominium?
Average price, number of sales as well as the % change by House Type over the previous year
|Type of home||Avg. Price||% Change
|Townhome & Semi Detached||$347,873||6.3%|
|Detached Single Family||$485,497||0.9%|
|Condo Apartment & Stacked||$226,842||-2.8%|
How long does it take for homes to sell in Kanata, and how much are sellers' actually getting?
- Sellers' of Townhomes and Semis got 99.52% of their asking price
- Detached homes achieved 99.03% of their asking price
- Residential Townhomes took 29 days to sell, and detached homes took 41 days
- Condominium Townhomes and Semi-detached sales got 97.88% of list price
- Apartments and Stacked condos went for 97.05% of their listed price
- Condo Towns took 65 days to sell, while it took 114 days to sell an Apartment or Stacked
Where was the most expensive & least expensive Home sales in Kanata for the previous month?
In case you're interested, we will report on the highest as well as the lowest selling house throughout the year and will do the same with condos too. Numbers reported are Year-To-Date
- The lowest priced residential sale was in Bridlewood, sold for $235,000 in 18 days
- The highest priced residential sale was in Bridlewood, sold for $680,000 in 10 days
- The lowest condo sale happened in Beaverbrook, it sold for $132,000 in 19 days
- The highest priced condo sale was also in Bridlewood, sold for $260,000 in 25 days
Want to sell your Home?
If you own a home anywhere in Kanata and are thinking about
selling it, get your free evaluation Today and find out what it's worth.
Get Your Homes Value here
Kanata Historical Statistics from 2000 - Current Year
Below are the number of sales, average price, % Increase or decrease in price, as well as the Time to Sell for Kanata homes and condos combined.
|Year||# Sales||Avg. Price||% Change||Days to Sell|
In the table above you can see that since 2000, Kanata has not seen any decreases in home values, year-over-year.