Income Property Statistics 2017
Here are all the stats for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings, which includes Duplex, Triplex, Fourplex and Larger Apartment Buildings with 5 or more Units in them.
Income & Investment Property Stats, Jan-April 2017
The average price of a Duplex, Triplex or Fourplex in Ottawa is now $675,148, up 16.9%
The average price for a building with 5 or more units is now $1,022,077, down by 10.5%
How many Buildings sell each year, compared to previous year?
- There were a total of 49 Smaller Properties sold in 2017 o far, up by 58%
- There were a total of 13 Larger Buildings sold so far, up by 160% over last year
How long do Income Properties take to sell, what is the list-sell-price?
- Smaller properties are taking 76 days to sell in 2017, versus 58 days last year
- Smaller buildings with 2-4 units achieved 97.38% of their list price
- Larger buildings with 5 or more units sold in 86 days in 2017, versus 80 days in 2016
- Sellers' of Larger buildings got 94.20% of their listed price
What has sold in 2017, and for how much?
Curious how much certain types of income properties sell for in different neighbourhoods, below are some real-life sales, including the type of property, the selling price as well as how long it took to sell.
|Type of Property||Neighbourhood||Sales Price||Days on Market|
|Triplex||Old Ottawa East/Canal||$961,000||6|
|Duplex Up & Down||Vanier||$662,750||29|
|Duplex Up & Down||Centre Town||$430,000||84|
|Duplex Up & Down||Centre Town||$555,000||181|
|Triplex||Old Ottawa South||$658,000||10|
|7 Unit Building||Lowertown||$1,265,000||87|
|6 Unit Building||West Centretown||$699,000||5|
|5 Unit Building||Mechanicsville||$550,000||7|
|5 Unit Building||Sandy Hill||$703,000||24|
|5 Units||West Centre Town||$2,030,000||132|
|5 Unit Building||Sandy Hill||$922,000||160|
In the table above, you can see that the most expensive sales are happening in The Glebe, Lindenlea and Old Ottawa East. These are nicer neighbourhoods where you are likely to attract a more Professional person to rent. You might have a lower Cap Rate, but you are more likely to actually collect your rent and get it on time ! View our Inventory of Income Properties.